We’ve already talked a lot on this blog about Request Network (REQ) – including its recently-released plugin for WooCommerce (where WordPress users can make eCommerce payments). Now, there is a whole new e-commerce product that this team is putting out into the public.
Except this time, it’s a new online shopping platform – a super popular one, in fact. It’s a Shopify plugin called Reqify.
What is Reqify?
This new software, which does not represent any sort of partnership between Shopify and Request Network, allows sellers on the widely-used online shopping platform to accept cryptocurrency payments.
Here is how the REQ team describes its capabilities it in the announcement:
- Allow customers to pay with Metamask or their Ledger Nano S hardware wallet.
- Accept payments in ETH. ERC20 + Bitcoin support will be added shortly.
- 100% free, no setup fees, no monthly fees and no hidden costs.*
- Quick and easy installation. There is a wizard setup which can be found here.
- Real-time currency exchange rates with support for multiple currencies.
Anyway, you can read more about it on the link I posted above – if you are a Shopify store operator then it may be a good option for you to expand your payment possibilities.
Just be sure to check out other potential plugins too before you decide on the final one.
Disclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency.